Friday 23 December 2011

Welcome - Its Just Another Running Blog!

Welcome, you guessed it - I couldn't help myself so I have started a blog about running. Firstly this isn't a "play by play" of my weekly training or racing. So please don't expect a weekly masterpiece like "Run Benny Boy Run". It is simply a place to throw some random thoughts down on my training, and racing adventures for 2012.

To rewind the 2011 running year I have had mostly ups. I completed 3 Marathons (Canberra, Gold Coast and Brisbane) PB'ed at Brisbane with a 4.05. I ran the Great Whitsunday Walk (28km trail race) in 3.33 (a massive 40 min PB) and recently have been lucky enough to win a few of the local short course duathlons.

I am currently training for my first Ultra Marathons, I am running a 50km race on the 8th of January at the Glasshouse Mountains in preparation for The North Face 100, a 100km trail run at the Blue Mountains NSW 19th-20th May 2012. 

My training is going pretty well, although I could be "doing more". I have had some big weeks lately including a few 100km + running weeks and a long run of 45km which has given me a little confidence boost for the upcoming Ultra. 

I have burnt through a heap of shoes (much to my wife's amazement) so there is sure to be plenty of posts about shoe selections and racing! 


That's about all for my "welcome" post. Like I promised earlier this isn't going to be really regular, more a chance for me to put some stuff down on paper and help me with my self reflection. 

I hope you may find a little bit of inspiration or "runspiration" from my balancing act of dad, husband, boss, business partner, runner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment