Wednesday 23 April 2014

Marathon 8 - Great Ocean Road #PexRunsGOR

So the work gods have alligned and I will get to run the Great Ocean Road Marathon in 3 1/2 weeks.

No I am not marathon fit.

No this will not be a PB attempt.

Yes I will get to catch up with Greg Smith and have a few beers in Geelong.

Yes I am aware that this is 45km not 42.2.

Yes I will probably suffer and struggle - yes more OUCH.

Yes I am setting mini-goals for the event.

Yes I will be posting photos and race updates via my twitter feed @runpexrun #PexRunsGOR.

My training for the last week has been pretty solid. 800m intervals at around the 4.25 pace mark and my longer runs seem to be much easier. I squeezed in 10k then 16k on Friday and Saturday last week. Then 10k Monday, 6x800s yesterday and another 5k today.

I hope Big M is feeling better so we can knock out a tough session tomorrow. Then I plan to run 20k on Saturday.


2014 Great Ocean Road Marathon Registration Confirmation

CONGRATULATIONS Sean!

YOUR RACE NUMBER IS: 1192


No comments:

Post a Comment